The safety of you and your family is important to Pacific Home Rental and many things can affect it.
Here are some tips to follow:
Unplug all heat-producing appliances like toasters, irons, and coffee makers when they are not in use to prevent fire hazards.
Never leave a stove or oven unattended; turn off all stove and oven appliances when you leave the house.
Never leave heating pads and electric blankets on indefinitely and turn them off when you leave the residence to prevent fire hazards.
Never leave water running unattended in a plugged bathtub or when leaving the residence.
If you have an upstairs bathroom and you see water in the ceiling below, particularly in a light fixture, report the leak immediately to your property manager.
Do not operate electrical appliances while standing or sitting in water.
Avoid using blow dryers, curling irons, radios, TVs, or other appliances while in a bathtub or over a sink filled with water.
If you have small children, use child protector plugs when you are not using outlets.
Do not overload extension cords with too many appliances.
Place lamps on level surfaces and use the correct wattage.
Avoid running extension cords over walkways, under rugs, or any other place that could cause tripping.
If you suspect an electrical problem, report it immediately to your property manager.
Do not remove smoke alarms, particularly if they are beeping. Smoke alarms are for safety and removing them can endanger all residents and guests. Contact your property manager to change the batteries if needed.
Do not allow children to leave toys on walkways and sidewalks.
Request your property manager to replace outside light bulbs so you can utilize lights properly when it is dark.
Report any exposed tree roots to your property manager.
Keep a portable fire extinguisher in the kitchen and the garage; they are available in hardware supply stores.
If you use a grill or BBQ, use common sense, never leave grills unattended.
If you have a Charcoal BBQ Grill, be sure to store hot ashes and coals away from the residence. Do not place ashes in garbage receptacles unless certain they are cold.